There are two files needed to import data from Sage 50 Payroll.
The first contains employee data and the second contains balances for the year to date.
If you start at the beginning of a tax year, you can safely skip importing the second file.
- In Sage 50 Payroll, go to File > Data Export > Payroll Data Export.
- Select the Employee Details option and save the file.
- Now repeat the process but this time choose Employee Year To Date Figures
- If there is a checkbox asking whether to include column headings, ensure it is selected.
Import Employee Data
- To import data select Employees in the main menu and then click Import.
- Select on the option for Sage 50 Payroll.
- You’ll now need to locate the first file we exported containing employee details.
- A preview of the data will display. Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the import.
Import Employee YTD Figures
After importing employee details, a confirmation screen appears.
Select the button to import YTD figures and locate the second file exported
As before, a summary of the data will display before importing.
Select the button to import the data.
Your employees will now import, along with their opening balances.
Need more help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org